General Hut Rules
- There are NO REFUNDS on unused reservations.
- The cabins are user maintained.
- All four cabins are serviced by hard-working, un-paid volunteers. We appreciate your respectful use of our cabins and the surrounding area.
- There is no motorized access to Copper or Grassy Cabins or in a two-hectare area around the cabins.
- Day use of huts by other parties will not be permitted during COVID-19 except in the case of an emergency.
- When you are checking out of a cabin, please do so before lunch. If you are skiing in the area though the afternoon, kindly pack and place your bags on the floor so that arriving guests may make camp.
- Use wood sparingly for overnight stays only, only in the winter, and only in the wood stoves. Do not leave rounds outside the cabin in the snow
- Keep the cabins clean, pack out all your garbage, and don’t leave food behind in the cabins.
- Do not leave any food or partial propane cylinders in the cabins, no matter how tasty you think your over-supply is, no one wants it except the bears and the rodents.
- An online reservation is required to stay at any of the Bonnington Cabins.
- Make it a practice to leave the cabins in better condition than you found them.
- Report any damage or issues to the huts director as soon as possible.
Policy Modifications during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Only one group of guests will be permitted to use a hut at one time. Therefore, a group will be required to book the entire hut for the period of their stay.
- Bookings should be made by guests in the same social/family bubble. Please do not make bookings with friends from other locales.
- Bookings will be permitted one booking immediately following another, that is there will be no period of time between bookings when the hut is vacant.
- Huts must be booked by BC Residents only. Bookings made by residents of other provinces will be cancelled and refunded.
- Commercial hut bookings are not permitted for the Winter 2020-2021 season.
- Day use of huts by other parties will not be permitted except in the case of an emergency.
- The huts may be subject to closure by the Ministry of Forests – Rec Sites & Trails in the middle of the season due to COVID-19. Refunds/credits for unused bookings will be subject to the policy set by the Ministry and may not be offered.
Hut hygiene – general
- Special attention to hygiene and disinfection of the huts is required during the COVID-19 pandemic to prevent disease transmission from environmental surfaces.
- Additional supplies will be available in the huts: reusable rubber gloves, bleach powder (calcium hypochlorite 57% concentration), measuring spoon (1/8 teaspoon), bleach solution dispensing bottle (500 ml)
- Users must bring their own paper towels/sponges for cleaning. Plan to bring an extra 500ml of water to each day for cleaning the hut upon arrival.
- CAUTION: Sanitizing solutions/gels containing isopropyl alcohol or ethanol are highly flammable. After applying one of these products you must ensure your hands are dry before tending the fire in the hut. Do not leave the container of solution/gel anywhere near the woodstove.
Hut hygiene protocol
On arrival to the hut:
- Stop & read the protocol
- Prepare a cleaning solution (liquid soap and water) in a wash basin
- Prepare a disinfecting solution. Add 500 ml of water to the labelled disinfecting solution bottle; measure out a level 1/8 teaspoon of bleach powder, add to the disinfecting solution bottle and mix. When preparing the disinfecting solution, it is recommended that you wear rubber gloves, glasses (sunglasses/prescription lenses), and long-sleeved clothing. Plan to bring 500 ml of water with you to the hut for this purpose. Once prepared, the solution may be used for up to 24 hours; beyond that, a new solution must be prepared.
- First, use a sponge soaked in the cleaning solution for cleaning surfaces, then use a paper towel/sponge soaked in the disinfecting solution for disinfecting surfaces. Allow the surfaces to air dry.
- Clean and Disinfect the touch points on the wood stove before lighting
- Clean & Disinfect the kitchen including all counters, cupboards, touch points, etc.
- Clean & Disinfect any tables, chairs, and touch points in the common spaces
- Clean & Disinfect the sleeping quarters, including the bed frames
- Clean & Disinfect the outhouse (door latch, toilet seat, paper dispenser)
During your stay at the hut:
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hut by washing and disinfecting all areas on a regular basis (daily)
- Use the 3-sink method for all dishes (soap wash, water rinse, bleach solution disinfection)
On departure from the hut:
- Wash and Sanitize all dishes used by your party using the 3-sink method, providing sufficient time for dishes to air dry and be put away prior to departure.
- Clean and Disinfect the kitchen, including counters, stove, dish rack, cupboards.
- Clean and Disinfect tables, chairs, and common touch points throughout the hut.
- Clean and Disinfect the sleeping quarters
- Clean and Disinfect the outhouse.
- Pack out all garbage